SDUIH believes that proper foot care is essential in diabetic treatment. Specialized staff provides comprehensive high-risk foot care for patients suffering from diabetes helping to prevent new or more serious problems from occurring. Services in the comprehensive foot eam include:
- Inspection and Monitoring
- Monofilament Testing
- Trimming and Cutting Toenails
- Paring corns and calluses to prevent skin breakdown or ulcerations
- Treatment of ulcers, infections, and other problems such as ingrown toenails.
- Referrals to Podiatrists as needed.