Medication Pick Ups from IHS Pharmacies
SDUIH may pick up patient medications from IHS pharmacies.
- Call their IHS pharmacy requesting their medications to be filled, either by a phone call from their home or by coming to SDUIH to use the clinic phone.
- Notify the Community Health Representative at SDUIH that a medication request has been made with an IHS pharmacy and medications need to be picked up.
- Ensure that patient has at least a one-week supply of medication on hand; it is not always possible for the Community Health Representative to make the trip due to weather, scheduling, etc.
- All IHS policies will be observed by both the patient and SDUIH.
- It is the responsibility of the patient or a family member to pick up his/her medication from SDUIH.
- This is a service SDUIH provides. It is not a requirement per guidelines.